Common Eye Floater Misconceptions
Scott Geller MD has worked with thousands of patients from all over the world. Here are some common eye floater misconceptions that we hear at our laser treatment facility.
- Eye floater laser treatment is not a commodity. It requires superior laser equipment and extensive surgical experience to determine a positive outcome.
- Eye floaters are not vaporized; they are pulverized or dissipated.
- Eye floater removal is, therefore, an inaccurate description.
- The vitreous gel is never 100% clear. Even after floater treatment with the state-of-the-art, Swiss-made LASAG, or the Ellex YAG, there is always something to see.
- An optimal outcome in almost all of our cases requires 2 to 4 laser sessions.